The advancement in technology has changed the way things are run. Just like businesses, schools have found great use of interactive kiosks to ease the way students and lecturers relate. Use of interactive kiosks was first introduced to schools to help with registering of students especially in the university campuses. This mode of registration greatly liminated the long queues and in turn it allowed the students to key in their personal information, choose their class, and also securely pay tuition on this user-friendly platform.
Over the years, the use of interactive kiosks in schools has increased. It has allowed the students in a great number of ways such as:
1. The students are able to load cash to their credit cards instead of using cash for their school transactions.
2. The students are able to access their end of semester transcripts.
3. New students can use interactive kiosks to know their way around campus and obtain the school maps.
4. The students are able to attend to regular surveys that are run by their institutions.
5. In case of an event, students can learn more about it from the navigation on the interactive kiosks. Students can as well check for updates and any other information that they may be looking for.
6. Learning in campus involves carrying out of research and the interactive kiosks, through their internet connectivity nature, can help greatly with this research.
7. Students can purchase books related to their course online from the interactive kiosks.
8. New students who wish to join different clubs they can fill out the application forms from the kiosks. Also, in case of volunteering opportunities that may come up, students are able to access and fill the application forms through the kiosks.
Recycling is also promoted by these interactive kiosks. For instance, a school can give student points for every, say, bottle they recycle. These points may then be redeemed for great offers and discounts.
Use of kiosks also allows the parents to access school’s processes. They enhance that the current relevant measures are adhered to by providing visual documentation such as car registration and information of anyone in the compound.
For the school administration, just like any other running company, they benefit from these kiosks in ways such as:
i. There is reduction of costs involved and at the same time considering efficiency and convenience.
ii. There is increased positive user experience.
iii. Use of kiosks brings about less use of paperwork as most of the processes can be done from the kiosks.
iv. The institution has a great opportunity to brand them and as well increase their school pride.
Like any other institution, the key to have a successful deployment of interactive kiosk is choosing a reputable kiosk designer such as Olea Kiosks who work with you and the users to ensure that all your needs are met.